Friday, September 4, 2009

Who Needs A Shepherd?

While browsing through recent magazines and blogs, I noticed that a fair number of Catholics have expressed concerns that Sen. Edward Kennedy was allowed to have a Mass of Christian Burial and that two Cardinals participated. Many people feel that, due to his pro-choice positions, Sen. Kennedy should not have been allowed to have a Church funeral.

Just yesterday, I came across an article that made me proud. The article was written by the Bishop of the diocese in which I live. I have had frustrations with my Bishop over the years. We have even maintained a somewhat regular "snail mail" conversation. As he and I grow older, we seem to be getting along better - the same thing that happens with many parent-child relationships. In fact, situations might be developing that will result in an increasingly strong connection between my Bishop and me.

To see the article, go to: http://www.madisoncatholicherald.org/bishop/13-bishopcolumn/864-gods-mercy-and-senator-edward-kennedy.html.

This is a perfect example of a Bishop being a pastor.

No comments: