Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm All In

For over a decade, I have been discerning a call to be a permanent deacon.  In fact, I have been ready to apply to a formation program for several years.  However, there has been a significant challenge:  the diocese in which I live is not actively recruiting and forming new permanent deacons.  Thus, my discernment journey has been long and often frustrating.

Yesterday, I was informed that my bishop signed that last document that paves the way for me to begin permanent diaconate formation in a neighboring diocese with the intention of being ordained and serving in my home diocese.  So, I am now official...which is good - the formation program begins in a little over a week!

I remain grateful to the many people that have been and continue to be part of this discernment journey. 

No comments: